Ramadan only comes once a year, and it is the perfect time for you to take up a challenge for yourself! However, our Ramadan challenge will not be like the previous challenges we have talked about, instead it should be a challenge in which we will better ourselves. So, how can we actually achieve that? This time, let us talk a bit about what we can do in Ramadan that will change us for the better!
Starts from home
Everyone in our family is human, and being human, it is normal to get mad and have petty fights with each other. For our first Ramadan challenge, we will try and change that for the better. Usually, petty fights happen because we do not understand other people. For that reason, it is a good idea to spare some time to gather during Ramadan. You can use sahur or the time when you break your fast in order to do this.
However, during the family gathering, there are some things you have to take note of. When someone is talking about how their day went, the other member of the family should listen. No judging and no criticizing. That way, everyone can enjoy the moment and be thankful that God almighty has given the opportunity for everyone to gather together. After all, the idea of this Ramadan challenge is to not judge other people, but to really listen and try to empathize with them. Do this for the whole month, and we believe things will get better for you and your family.
Improving your personality
Our next Ramadan challenge might be more tiring compared to the previous one, as it is a challenge to directly improve your personality. Just like before, we need to try doing these things until Ramadan ends. Some examples you could do are:
- Controlling your anger by stopping before you explode
- Greet everyone with a smile
- Think twice before you speak; if you have nothing good to say, try not to speak instead
- Make a list of at least 3 things you are thankful for today
- Reducing your complain by remembering the blessings you got from God almighty today
Ramadan Challenge: 30 Days of Giving
We get the idea for this Ramadan challenge from LaunchGood, and we think it is a good idea to implement because Ramadan is also the time for us to give to the less fortunate or more needy than us. There are many ways to do this, and those are:
- Going to donation website such as Kitabisa.com or Go-GIVE and choose which campaign you would like to donate to
- Give food to the mosque for them to eat during sahur or when they break their fast
- Buy another food package for the Online Ojek when you use their service to buy food
However, you need to remember that this Ramadan challenge does not automatically replace your responsibility to pay your zakat fitrah. So, you should not forget to pay that as well!